Introduction and Installation of Php
What is PHP?
PHP is an acronym for Hypertext Preprocessor. It is a dynamic server side scripting language that allows an application developer to create very simple to very complex mechanisms for the web. Think of PHP as the brain and central nervous system behind your applications. PHP code can be directly mingled in with your HTML page content as long as the page has a .php extension ( myPage.php ). Or it can be scripts and class files placed on server and connected to your front-end files. Any HTML file you have can be turned into a PHP file and PHP script will run inside it.
Why Learn PHP?
- Relatively easy to learn and understand
- Processes data fast and dynamically
- Most dynamic web applications being made today have a PHP core (brain)
- Free Open Source Technology
- Sports over 700 Built-In functions that are ready to automate your programming tasks
- Works very well with MySQL Databases (PHP+MySQL are married)
- Create and populate XML files using PHP
- Communicates with Flash (back and forth)
- Time and date functions
- Mathematics to cover any need
- Can be used to create complete social networks, and online forums
- Parse file uploads
- Processes online forms and sends emails
- Imaging Libraries
- Resize Images on the fly, create shapes and colors on the fly out of nowhere
- Create files and directory folders out of thin air
- Create multidimensional data arrays, data looping, and deep data parsing
- Huge Free online resource databases for classes and functions
- The list goes on and on and on…….
Who Is Using PHP In the Programming of Their Website or Applications?
• Develop PHP
• Zen Cart
• Web Intersect
And Hundreds of Thousands More
Usually any time you can interact with a website in any way, PHP is doing its thing behind the scenes there.
PHP blends well into other useful programming languages
You have two options to enable yourself to work with PHP.
1. Build and test on your web server (easy)
Most people starting in PHP development already have a web server online. Simply create your .php files, FTP them into your web directory and the server will parse them for you automatically. Most web hosts offer PHP support, and if your host does not, consider switching to a better one.
If you do not have a web server online yet, buy a Domain Name for about $10 and set up a free or paid hosting account for that domain name. Be sure to choose PHP and not ASP if given a choice. Then you can FTP files to the server and test online.
2. Create a local testing environment (complicated for beginners)
To install a web server on your PC you should research and install these 3 things.
you can configure these three, Bu Installing WAMP server
3. What is WAMP server and how to Install it
WAMP stand for Windows Appache Mysql Php, in order to setup a Local testing server you should use this.
You can see Video tutorial on how to Install WAMP Server here.. http://hostinpakistan.com/learnjoomla/?p=13